April 23, 2006

Delta's Crown Room Club

I'm currently sitting at the Crown Room Club at Atlanta's International Airport. I'm flying Delta to Shannon Airport in Ireland and so far, so good. I wasn't able to score an upgrade to Business Class, so I'll just be cramped on row 19. The crazy thing is, row 19 doesn't exist on this type of aircraft, according to SeatGuru.com. So, I am a bit worried, but they wouldn't sell a ticket for a seat that doesn't exist, would they?

Ah, the life of a travelwriter. Delta seems to treat travel writers as if they don't exist, either. Numerous emails for an interview on Podtrippin went unanswered. I guess the media peeps were too busy negotiating a new pilot's union contract. Hmmm?

The Pinot Grigio served at the Crown Room is exceptional. Did you know that this place even offers showers to travelers? I guess that would come in handy if you are going straight to a meeting or something.

By the way, I want to congratulate our listeners, the new Mr. & Mrs. Jason C Webb who celebrated their nuptuals last night. The libations and entertainment were outstanding. Congratulations to the happy couple.

More updates to come soon on location in Ireland's NW Coast.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great visit to Ireland. It might be too late for this trip, but a visit to www.irishfireside.com might offer some tips on off-the-beaten path sites in Ireland you might interest you.

Corey
yesiree100@hotmail.com

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home